Part Time. Salary £16,000 pro rata. (22.5 hours per week – days negotiable)
We are recruiting a part-time Administrative Assistant to join our busy office in York city centre. You will provide administrative support, mainly to our marketing personnel working across Aesthetica Magazine and related projects, including the Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Art Prize and Creative Writing Award.
The role involves:
- Refreshing client contacts and maintaining databases.
- Data research and development.
- Coordinating and sending out marketing emails.
- Being a point of contact for enquiries.
- Undertake accurate primary research by telephone and internet.
- Able to proofread and sub-edit marketing materials.
- Organise and keep track of the distribution of marketing materials.
- Provide any other administrative assistance when required.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills, pro-active with a positive can-do attitude.
- Administration and database experience.
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Working to tight deadlines and quick response rates.
- Be approachable and able to forge strong working relationships.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Be able to work accurately and calmly under pressure.
- Be IT competent with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
- Be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the art and culture sector.
- Have an eagle eye for detail and be able to fact-check as you work.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all our clients.
To apply, please email a cover letter that details your experience and your CV to Dale Donley at
Closing Date: Sunday 20 November.