Festival Assistant: Aesthetica Short Film Festival
£18,000 (pro rata) 37.5 hours per week from 1 October until 16 November
We are recruiting a Festival Assistant who is passionate about film festivals.
Working for Aesthetica – a company that publishes an international art and culture publication, as well as hosts an annual film festival and international art prize – you will be responsible for project delivery for the Aesthetica Short Film Festival 7-11 November 2018).
Working across these two areas of the company, you will have a varied and exciting role. It is preferred that you will have experience in the delivery of large-scale projects and work to deadlines. You will be based in our York city-centre office. We are looking for someone with resilience, positivity, drive and charisma, and a strong understanding of the sector.
Freelance applications will be considered.
- Event Coordination
- Excellent persuasive verbal and written communication
- Able to prioritize workload, multi-task and work efficiently
- The ability to contribute and deliver new ideas for growth and development
- Well organized and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proactive and highly motivated approach to work
- Creative thinking and diplomatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Data research and development
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic
- Excellent customer service
- Work as part of a team or independently
- Excellent administration skills
- Project delivery for the Festival
- Coordinating guest speakers and venues.
- Acquire, book and manage educational group bookings
- Manage and maintain relationships with existing partners
- Maintain and manage existing contact databases and refresh data
- Identify and research new areas for growth and development
- General administration and coordinate deliveries
- Handle general enquiries
You must be available to work the film festival dates.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, which details your experience in event coordination and project management.
Please send to Dale Donley firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 September.
You must be available to start on 1 October 2018.
£7.83 per hour
The BAFTA-Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF) is an international film festival which takes place annually in York, UK, at the beginning of November. The festival is a celebration of independent short film from around the world, and an outlet for supporting and championing short filmmaking. One of the UK’s most exciting site-specific events, ASFF showcases over 400 international films from emerging and established filmmakers in various venues across the city of York. The event, which lasts five days, attracts thousands of entries each year and is now in its eighth edition.
The position is part time/casual, and perfect for people looking to supplement their current income, or recent graduates.
We are looking for people to work as part-time event stewards. You will be required to work at ASFF held from 7-11 November in York.
Main responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Checking and inspecting tickets
- Seating and advising delegates
- Directing and supporting delegates attending the event
- General crowd monitoring and observation
- Other customer service-based duties
The ideal candidate will be over 18 years of age, be smart, professional and approachable and ideally have experience in events and customer focused environment and have strong communication skills. Previous event experience is essential. The work takes places from 7-11 November and you must be flexible to work either morning or evening shifts. Full training will be provided.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Deadline 21 September.