Digital Content Officer
Part Time. Salary £18,000 Pro-Rata. (3 days per week, 22.5 hours)
We are recruiting a part-time Digital Content Officer to work in our busy York office. You will be working for the art and culture magazine, Aesthetica, as well as all related projects, including the Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Art Prize and Creative Writing Award.
- You will be responsible for sourcing, writing, editing, uploading and optimising content across the Aesthetica websites. This includes writing blogs, Q&As with artists, as well as reporting on the must-see shows.
- You will manage all our social media channels and drive maximum engagement from our followers across Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram.
- You will also work across Aesthetica’s magazine, film festival, art prize, and creative writing award to produce digital content to promote and reach new participants.
The Digital Content Officer will develop and deliver Aesthetica’s social media and online content strategy including increasing unique visitors, improving the user experience, growing our reader community and social media following, launching digital campaigns and work on new functionality with our existing team.
The ideal candidate
- Experience with WordPress and expertly managing social media accounts.
- Track record of writing and editing articles to a very high standard and to extremely tight deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically with regards to web technologies and online business models, including SEO best practices.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and part of a team.
- Knowledge of the national and international art sector.
- Deliver high quality editorial, features, news and branded content to enhance the brand digital channels and grow audience participation, engagement and quality of proposition.
- Excellent organisational skills, pro-active with a positive can-do attitude.
- Have an eagle eye for detail and be able to fact-check as you work.
- Be approachable, friendly and an excellent communicator.
- Write an original piece, with an image, about a forthcoming exhibition that you think will be of interest to Aesthetica’s audience. (Max 400 words).
- Include any website links to any posts or blogs that you have written.
- Send us your cover letter and CV applying for the post.
Please email your application to Dale Donley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline Thursday 29 September.