The 11th Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is Closed for Entries
The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that celebrates excellence in Poetry and Short Fiction. The prize is now in its 11th year, hosted by the international art and culture publication, Aesthetica Magazine. With the aim to support and nurture new writing talent, it awards publication within an inspiring anthology to a shortlist of 60 writers, including a winner from each category.
The winners are also presented with further opportunities to expand their literary careers: £1,000 cash prize each, a consultation with literary agency Redhammer Management, a Full Membership to The Poetry Society, a subscription to Granta and books courtesy of Bloodaxe Books and Vintage Books.
Aesthetica champions artists across a range of media, with talent development at its core. It presents two further awards: the Aesthetica Art Prize and the Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF). Through its three awards, Aesthetica showcases leading practitioners and supports their career through its international reputation and links with the creative industries.
- £1,000 prize money for the Poetry winner
- £1,000 prize money for the Short Fiction winner
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- A selection of books from Vintage and Bloodaxe Books
- One year print subscription to Granta
- Full Membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Short Fiction Winner)
- A complimentary copy of the Annual
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words
- Works published elsewhere are accepted
- You may enter as many times as you wish
- Both Poetry and Fiction entries should be written in English
- Deadline for submissions: 31 August 2017
- For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions
- Regarding our cancellation and refund policy, please click here
- January 2017 – 31 August 2017: Entries open
- September 2017: Judging begins
- December 2017: Winners and finalists are announced
- December 2017: Publication of winners and finalists in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual