No Current vacancies
Digital Internship, Aesthetica Short Film Festival (2 days per week, 3 months)
The Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF) is a BAFTA-Qualifying festival and one of the largest and most diverse platforms for filmmakers and audiences in the UK. Taking place in 18 venues across the city of York, ASFF is a key event, bringing some of the best cinematic talent and renowned industry talent to an audience of over 25,000. It invites audiences to explore York and experience over 400 outstanding films from across the world across 11 categories of short film, VR and Immersive experiences and feature films as well as an extensive programme of industry events.
ASFF is offering a digital placement for a hardworking individual who is passionate about independent cinema. The internship includes working on website copy, online articles and social media to support the editorial and marketing teams on the run-up and during the 9th edition of the festival.
- Working closely with the editorial team on the social media calendar for the festival.
- Producing online articles and digital content about this year’s Official Selection.
- Engaging with filmmakers through social media platforms.
- Providing general administrative support to the festival team through day-to-day office tasks.
- Acting as a venue assistant during the festival (6-10 November).
- Excellent written ability
- Good organisational skills
- Good knowledge of social media platforms
- Enthusiastic and pro-active attitude
- Attention to detail
- A background in Film and/ or English
To apply, please email a CV, cover letter and a film review (no longer than 300 words) to Kate Simpson by 1 August. email@example.com
Please note: To be eligible to apply, candidates must be available for a minimum of 2 days per week from the start of September for 3 months. The Aesthetica Short Film Festival dates are 6-10 November 2019 – candidates should be available for the entirety of the festival.
Aesthetica offers year-round placements in marketing, administration and events. To apply, please complete our online application form.
Please note: We are currently taking a hiatus from editorial internships. Please check the website regularly for updates on when these will be available.