Junior Content Writer
£16,010 (pro rata) 22.5 hours per week, 7-month contract
Start date: 3 June
End date: December
We are recruiting a part-time Junior Content Writer to work in our York office. You will be working for the art and culture magazine, Aesthetica, as well as the Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Art Prize and Creative Writing Award.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing content across Aesthetica’s websites and social media platforms. This involves writing website copy, blogs, conducting Q&As and reporting on must-see shows with the objective of engaging with our readers and increasing our online audience.
- Write and produce digital content that people will want to share, like and engage with.
- Schedule posts across Aesthetica’s social media accounts, including optimizing headlines and thumbnails.
- Identify fresh and interesting angles for your articles.
- Attract and engage with new readers and grow our audience numbers.
- Manage and expand Aesthetica’s presence on social Media platforms.
The ideal candidate
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to produce story copy quickly.
- Ability to tailor the content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose.
- Ability to think strategically with regards to web technologies and online business models, including SEO best practices.
- Experience with WordPress, image editing software and expertly manage social media accounts.
- A deep understanding of website analytics and using them to accurately monitor the success of your content and refine when required.
- Excellent organisational skills, pro-active with a positive can-do attitude.
- Have an eagle eye for detail and fact-check as you work.
- Be approachable, friendly and an excellent communicator.
- Great news judgment and knowledge of the national and international art sector.
1. Write an original editorial piece for the Aesthetica website that people will want to share, like and engage with. (Max 400 words).
2. Include any website links to any posts or blogs that you have written.
3. Email us your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for this position.
Deadline for application Friday 24 May at 17.00
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aesthetica offers year-round placements in marketing, administration and events. To apply, please complete our online application form.
Please note: We are taking a hiatus from editorial internships for the time-being. Please check the website regularly for updates on when these will be available.