£18,000 (pro rata) 37.5 hours per week, 4-month contract
From August until 15 November
We are recruiting a Full-Time Assistant Coordinator to work in our York office. You will be working for Aesthetica Magazine to assist with delivering the BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival, running in York 6-10 November 2019.
The successful candidate will assist with managing and coordaining this large-scale festival, with the objective that all aspects runs smoothly, and providing an outstanding festival experience for all attendees. Experience working on large-scale events is desirable.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the Aesthetica Short Film Festival.
- Organize Guest Speakers, Venues and Volunteers.
- Call Group Booking enquiries to discuss their requirements.
- Liaise with Filmmakers and Delegates and become a point-of-contact for them.
The ideal candidate
- Well organized with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic.
- Proactive and highly motivated approach to work.
- Able to prioritize workload, multi-task and work efficiently.
- Creative thinking and diplomatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent persuasive verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to contribute and deliver new ideas for growth and development.
- Excellent administration, database and spreadsheet skills.
- Flexible, with the availability to work longer hours when necessary.
You must be available to work the film festival dates. Freelance applications will be considered.
- Write a cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for this position.
- Email us your CV highlighting all relevant experience.
Please email your application to email@example.com
Deadline is Wednesday 31 July at 17.00.
Digital Internship, Aesthetica Short Film Festival (2 days per week, 3 months)
The Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF) is a BAFTA-Qualifying festival and one of the largest and most diverse platforms for filmmakers and audiences in the UK. Taking place in 18 venues across the city of York, ASFF is a key event, bringing some of the best cinematic talent and renowned industry talent to an audience of over 25,000. It invites audiences to explore York and experience over 400 outstanding films from across the world across 11 categories of short film, VR and Immersive experiences and feature films as well as an extensive programme of industry events.
ASFF is offering a digital placement for a hardworking individual who is passionate about independent cinema. The internship includes working on website copy, online articles and social media to support the editorial and marketing teams on the run-up and during the 9th edition of the festival.
- Working closely with the editorial team on the social media calendar for the festival.
- Producing online articles and digital content about this year’s Official Selection.
- Engaging with filmmakers through social media platforms.
- Providing general administrative support to the festival team through day-to-day office tasks.
- Acting as a venue assistant during the festival (6-10 November).
- Excellent written ability
- Good organisational skills
- Good knowledge of social media platforms
- Enthusiastic and pro-active attitude
- Attention to detail
- A background in Film and/ or English
To apply, please email a CV, cover letter and a film review (no longer than 300 words) to Kate Simpson by 1 August. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: To be eligible to apply, candidates must be available for a minimum of 2 days per week from the start of September for 3 months. The Aesthetica Short Film Festival dates are 6-10 November 2019 – candidates should be available for the entirety of the festival.
Aesthetica offers year-round placements in marketing, administration and events. To apply, please complete our online application form.
Please note: We are currently taking a hiatus from editorial internships. Please check the website regularly for updates on when these will be available.