Aesthetica Creative Writing Award
The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talent in Poetry and Short Fiction. Now in its 13th year, the Prize supports both emerging and established writers. By entering, writers can showcase their work to key industry figures and organisations including The Poetry Society, Magma, Granta, VINTAGE and more.
Winners are selected for both categories and awarded with £1,000. Publication within the Aesthetica Creative Writing Anthology, is also awarded to a further 60 writers whose works are highly commended.
Aesthetica is proud to champion new writing talent and supports its writing alumni beyond the Prize, offering print and digital publicity and continued exposure across our channels.
Submissions open 1 December.
- £1,000 prize money for the Poetry winner
- £1,000 prize money for the Short Fiction winner
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2020
- A selection of books from Vintage and Bloodaxe
- One year print subscription to Granta
- Full Membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Short Fiction Winner)
- A complimentary copy of the Creative Writing Annual
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words
- Works published elsewhere are accepted
- You may enter as many times as you wish
- Both Poetry and Fiction entries should be written in English
- For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions
- Regarding our cancellation and refund policy, please click here
- December 2018 – 31 August 2019: Entries open
- September 2019: Judging begins
- December 2019: Winners and finalists are announced
- December 2019: Publication of winners and finalists in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2020
Header image: Massimo Colonna, from the (Non) Gravity series. Courtesy of the artist. © Massimo Colonna.