Creative Writing Competition
Win £500 and publication with the Aesthetica Creative Writing Competition!
Aesthetica Magazine is inviting all writers and poets to submit their work into the Creative Writing Competition.
The Creative Writing Competition is a fantastic opportunity for existing and aspiring writers and poets to showcase their work to a wider, international audience: previous entrants have gone on to achieve success and recognition across the world. There are two categories for entry: Poetry and Short Fiction.
Deadline for entries: 31 August 2013.
Finalists will be announced on the 31 October 2013.
Winners will be announced on the 1 December 2013.
- There will be two winners; one Poetry winner and one Short Fiction winner.
- Each winner will receive £500.
- Each winner will receive a selection of books from our competition partners.
- Winners and finalists will be published in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual.
- Click here to purchase a copy of last year’s Creative Writing Annual.
- Winners and shortlisted finalists will receive a complimentary copy of the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual.
How to Enter
The Creative Writing Competition has two categories for entry: Poetry and Short Fiction.
Entry is £10 +VAT and this permits the submission of two works into any one category.
You may enter as many times as you wish.
- STEP ONE
To enter the competition, please select a category below to make your payment.
Enter Poetry Enter Fiction
- STEP TWO
Upon receipt of payment, a unique Order Reference number will be automatically emailed to you.
- STEP THREE
Attach your submission to an email and send it to email@example.com.
Please make sure that you write your unique Order Reference Number in the subject line
and your full name, address and the title of your work in the body of the email.
No work sent after 31 August will be accepted into the competition.
For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words each.
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines each.
- Both Fiction and Poetry entries should be written in English.
For information regarding our cancellation and refund policy, please click here.
The 2012 Creative Works Competition winners & finalists
Winner of the Poetry Category: Sylvia Adams with Water.
Winner of the Fiction Category: Kate Nowakowski with A Cuckoo’s Broken Wing.
The Finalists are:
Karenna May Magee
The work of the winners and finalists is published in the 2013 Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual available from our shop.