Creative Writing Award
This Award is Now Closed for Entries
Win £500 and publication with the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award.
Aesthetica Magazine is inviting all writers and poets to submit their work into the Creative Writing Award.
The Creative Writing Award is a fantastic opportunity for existing and aspiring writers and poets to showcase their work to a wider, international audience: previous entrants have gone on to achieve success and recognition across the world. There are two categories for entry: Poetry and Short Fiction.
- Deadline for entering the award: 31 August 2014.
- Finalists will be announced on the 30 November 2014.
- Winners will be announced on the 6 December 2014.
How to Enter
Step 1: Purchase Entry Fee
The Creative Writing Award has two categories for entry: Poetry and Short Fiction. Entry is £10 +VAT and this permits the submission of two works into any one category. You may enter as many times as you wish. To enter the award, please select a category below to make your payment. Upon receipt of payment, a unique Order Reference Number will be automatically emailed to you.
Step 2: Send Your Entry
Attach your submission to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure that you write your unique Order Reference Number in the subject line and your full name, address and the title of your work in the body of the email.
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual, a compelling anthology of new writing
- A consultation with Christine Green Authors’ Agent for the fiction winner
- Mentoring with Apples and Snakes for the poetry winner
- £500 for each category winner
- A selection of inspirational books from Vintage and Bloodaxe Books
- Subscription to Granta
- A complimentary copy of the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words each.
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines each.
- Both Fiction and Poetry entries should be written in English.
- For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- For information regarding our cancellation and refund policy, please click here.
- January 2014: Open for Entries.
- 31 August 2014: Entries Close – you will have until 10 September 2014 to submit your work to us for the judging process)
- September 2014 – November 2014: Judging
- 30 November 2014: Finalists Announced
- 6 December 2014: Winners Announced