Aesthetica Future Now Symposium Student Placement
Aesthetica is looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to take part in a 15-day placement in preparation with our Future Now Symposium.
The Future Now Symposium is a two-day event held on Thursday 7th & Friday 8th March in partnership with York St John University, welcoming leading arts organisations, galleries and publications. The Symposium features masterclasses, panels discussions, artist portfolio reviews and advise surgeries. It is a place that inspires learning, connections and collaborations for arts practitioners, both established and emerging.
This placement invites candidates to draw upon their knowledge of the industry gained through studies, aiding us with essential grassroots market research on the lead up to the event, as well as providing on the ground assistance throughout the two-day event.
Much of the work on the prior to the Symposium will focus on database and research related tasks so the ideal candidate will have a demonstrable aptitude for such work and will be detail orientated.
Candidates must be able to commit to a total of fifteen days. Availability and attendance is essential on Wednesday 6th March until Friday 8th March.
Please carefully read the role requirements and personal specification below.
Duties prior to the Symposium include:
- Conducting research across industry sectors and introducing them to the Aesthetica brand.
- Assisting with the Aesthetica Art Prize and Future Now Symposium, including exhibition installation, event promotion and coordination.
- Telephone orientated research and query tasks.
- Contacting organisations, groups and public bodies gathering relevant and up-to-date information.
- Managing and maintaining research databases.
- Working closely with the marketing team providing support and contributing ideas for market research.
- Local distribution of flyers and other marketing materials.
- Providing general administrative support through day-to-day office tasks.
Duties during the Symposium include:
- Ability to complete thorough tasks in short periods of time.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Flexibility – willing to work on projects for other departments.
- Confidence and polite phone manner.
- Proficient in both Microsoft and Apple software.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active attitude.
- A background/interest in art.
- Starting: mid-February – 2 days per week (9am-5.30pm)
- Ending: mid-March
In order to apply for this placement, please answer the following questions and send to email@example.com.
- First name, surname, email and phone number.
- The course you are studying.
- Please detail your motivations for applying for this position.
- Please detail your relevant work experience. You may include employment, studies, interest and voluntary roles. You should include any IT proficiency, customer service experience and communication skills.
- Please state your availability. Note that Wednesday 6th – Friday 8th March are compulsory commitments for this placement.
Please email Hannah Skidmore at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.