Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is Open for Entries
The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talent in Poetry and Short Fiction. The Prize, now in its 13th year, is organised by the art and culture publication, Aesthetica Magazine. Every year, we support both emerging and established writers and through the Prize, we offer publication in an anthology that is an inspiring collection of narrative and poetic forms.
The winners also receive the following: £1,000 cash prize for poetry and short fiction, consultation with literary agents Redhammer Management, Membership to The Poetry Society, a subscription to Granta and books courtesy of Bloodaxe and Vintage.
Aesthetica offers opportunities to creative practitioners working in various media through two further awards including: Aesthetica Art Prize and the BAFTA-Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF). We are passionate about supporting new creative voices across a range of disciplines and this is at the heart of everything that we do.
Submissions are open until 31 August 2019.
Entry Fee: Short Fiction: £18 | Poetry: £12
- £1,000 prize money for the Poetry winner
- £1,000 prize money for the Short Fiction winner
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2020
- A selection of books from Vintage and Bloodaxe Books
- One year print subscription to Granta
- Full Membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Short Fiction Winner)
- A complimentary copy of the Annual
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words
- Works published elsewhere are accepted
- You may enter as many times as you wish
- Both Poetry and Fiction entries should be written in English
- Deadline for submissions: 31 August 2019
- For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions
- Regarding our cancellation and refund policy, please click here
- December 2018 – 31 August 2019: Entries open
- September 2019: Judging begins
- December 2019: Winners and finalists are announced
- December 2019: Publication of winners and finalists in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2020
Header image: Massimo Colonna, from the (Non) Gravity series. Courtesy of the artist. © Massimo Colonna.