Aesthetica Art Prize | Student Prize
Open to all full or part time students and recent graduates, the Aesthetica Art Prize is an opportunity to advance your profile on the international art scene and is open to all artists worldwide. We welcome entries from all age ranges and experience levels, from upcoming talents to established practitioners. Work previously exhibited elsewhere is eligible for entry and all work submitted must be available for an exhibition in spring 2016.
The Aesthetica Art Prize is a juried prize. A judging panel consisting of internationally acclaimed artists, curators and the Editor of Aesthetica Magazine will be looking for artwork that is engaging and innovative and that excites or challenges whilst demonstrating technical skill and ability. 100 artists are longlisted, out of which eight are shortlisted from the following categories:
- Photographic & Digital Art
Including but not limited to: photography, digitally manipulated artwork, neon work.
- Three Dimensional Design & Sculpture
Including but not limited to: stone work, glass work, metal work, wood work, ceramic art, textile art.
- Painting & Drawing
Including but not limited to: water colour, oils, illustration, calligraphy, print making, mixed media, collage.
- Video, Installation & Performance
Including but not limited to: video work, installation work, performance art.
How to Enter the Student Prize
Step 1: Purchase Entry Fee
One entry fee is £20 + VAT, which covers our administration fees, and this permits the submission of two works into any one category, with the exception of the Video, Installation & Performance category, for which you may submit one work. You may enter as many times as you wish. To enter, please purchase an entry fee from one of the categories below. Upon receipt of payment, a unique Order Reference Number will be automatically emailed to you.Purchase Entry Fee
Step 2: Complete the Online Entry Form
Fill in and submit the online entry form. You will be asked to indicate whether you are applying for the Main Prize or Student Prize. You will be able to upload images or link to an online video as part of your application. Entries close on 31 August 2015.Online Entry Form
- £1,000 prize money courtesy of Hiscox
- Group exhibition hosted by York Museums Trust and Aesthetica
- Editorial coverage in Aesthetica Magazine
- Publication in the Aesthetica Art Prize Anthology
- Work submitted must have been produced within 3 years at the time of entering.
- All artists are required to submit their works as images –
these should JPG, PNG or PDF (maximum total file size 10MB per submission).
- Work submitted must be available for exhibition in spring 2016.
- Please do not send original works of art for the judging process.
- Video and Performance entries can be linked to as online videos. Please click here for more details.
- Two photographs constitutes of one entry of work. Any additional photographs will be considered as separate entries and will be liable for additional entry fees.
- Expenses and transportation of artworks are the responsibility of the artist.
- Artists selected for the exhibition will be responsible for their travel expenses and costs of their stay in York for the exhibition and awards.
- All works shown at exhibition will be returned to the artists.
- January: Open for Entries.
- 31 August 2015: Entries Close.
- September – December: Judging.
- December: Longlist Announced.
- January 2016: Shortlist Announced.
- Spring 2016: Exhibition Opens & Winners Announced.