Aesthetica Art Prize | Student Prize
The Aesthetica Art Prize is now closed for entries.
Open to all full or part time students, the Aesthetica Art Prize is an opportunity to advance your profile on the international art scene and is open to all artists worldwide. We welcome entries from all age ranges and experience levels, from upcoming talents to established practitioners. Work previously exhibited elsewhere is eligible for entry and all work submitted must be available for an exhibition in spring 2015.
The Aesthetica Art Prize is a juried prize. A judging panel consisting of internationally acclaimed artists, curators and the Editor of Aesthetica Magazine will be looking for artwork that is engaging and innovative and that excites or challenges whilst demonstrating technical skill and ability. 100 artists will be longlisted, out of which eight will be shortlisted – four from the Main Prize and four from the Student Prize – across the following categories.
- Photographic & Digital Art
Including but not limited to: photography, digitally manipulated artwork, neon work.
- Three Dimensional Design & Sculpture
Including but not limited to: stone work, glass work, metal work, wood work, ceramic art, textile art.
- Painting & Drawing
Including but not limited to: water colour, oils, illustration, calligraphy, print making, mixed media, collage.
- Video, Installation & Performance
Including but not limited to: video work, installation work, performance art.
How to Enter the Student Prize
Step 1: Purchase Entry Fee
One entry fee is £15 + VAT and this permits the submission of two works into any one category. You may enter as many times as you wish. To enter, please purchase an entry fee from one of the categories below. Upon receipt of payment, a unique Order Reference Number will be automatically emailed to you.
Step 2: Download & Send Your Entry Form
Download and send us your completed the entry form. Please make sure that you write your unique Order Reference Number in the subject line and your full name, address and the title of your work in the body of the email. Please note, postal submissions should be DVDs only and not the actual artwork. Entries close on 31 August 2014 – you will have until 10 September to submit your work to us for the judging process..
- £1,000 prize money courtesy of Hiscox
- Group exhibition at York St Mary’s hosted by York Museums Trust and Aesthetica
- Editorial coverage in Aesthetica Magazine
- Publication in the Aesthetica Art Prize Anthology
- £150 art supplies voucher courtesy of Winsor & Newton
- Collection of art books courtesy of Prestel
- Work submitted must have been produced within 3 years at the time of entering.
- All artists are required to submit their works as images –
these should JPG, TIF or PDF (maximum file size 8MB per e-mail).
- Work submitted must be available for exhibition in spring 2015.
- Please do not send original works of art for the judging process.
- Video and Performance entries can be emailed or submitted on DVD. Please click here for more details.
- Two photographs constitutes of one entry of work. Any additional photographs will be considered as separate entries and will be liable for additional entry fees.
- Expenses and transportation of artworks are the responsibility of the artist.
- Artists selected for the exhibition will be responsible for their travel expenses and costs of their stay in York for the exhibition and awards.
- All works shown at exhibition will be returned to the artists.
- January 2014: Open for Entries.
- 31 August 2014: Entries Close – you will have until 10 September to submit your work to us for the judging process.
- September 2104 - December 2014: Judging
- December 2014: Long List Announced
- February 2015: Short List Announced
- March 2015: Exhibition Opens & Winners Announced