Corsica-born Cécile van Hanja graduated from the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam. She is inspired by modernism, in particular the architecture of Bauhaus and De Stijl.
Each work exudes a distinctive atmosphere that captures the spirit of place, examining the interactions between interiors and exteriors.
She is represented by the Lisa Norris Gallery in London and the Rob de Vries Gallery in Haarlem.
1. Minimalist Pavilion, 2016. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 110cm x 160cm x 2.5cm.
2. High Windows, 2017. Acrylic on canvas, 90cm x 140cm x 2.5cm.
3. Lost in Paradise, 2017. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 90cm x 140cm x 2.5cm.
4. Golden Hour, 2017. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 90cm x 130cm x 2.5cm.
5. The New Utopia, 2017. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 90cm x 140cm x 2.5cm.