Robert Lebeck (b. 1929) documented radical acts across the globe through bold photo reportage, capturing a changing socio-politcal landscape through conceptually responsive compositions. Kunstmuseum, Wolfsburg’s retrospective investigates the artist’s whereabouts in 1968, uncovering the varying national struggles for social revolution, different forms of rebellion and the aftermath of protest.
Until 23 September. Find out more here.
1. Robert Lebeck, Estate of terraced houses in Detmerode, Wolfsburg, 22 June 1968. © Archiv Robert Lebeck
2. Robert Lebeck, Newspaper readers as a visible sign of the newly won freedom of the press, Prague, 17 April 1968. © Archiv Robert Lebeck
3. Robert Lebeck, The new housing estate of Detmerode in Wolfsburg, 22 June 1968 © Archiv Robert Lebeck
4. Robert Lebeck, Model in the boot of a VW 411, Wolfsburg, 31 July 1968 © Archiv Robert Lebeck
5. Robert Lebeck, VW Beetle in the new housing estate of Detmerode, Wolfsburg, 22 June 1968 © Archiv Robert Lebeck