There are just 3 days left to enter your work to the Aesthetica International Creative Works Competition. Hard copies of the 2009 Aesthetica Creative Works Annual have now sold out, but digital downloads of the 2009 Aesthetica Creative Works Annual are available through our online shop.
• The Aesthetica Creative Works Competition seeks entries of Artwork, Photography & Sculpture, Fiction and Poetry
• Three winners will be awarded £500 each
• Additional prizes include an Olympus E-420 SLR camera and a boutique holiday for two
• All finalists will be published in the Aesthetica Creative Works Annual, in stores December 2009
• Entry to the 2009 Aesthetica Creative Works Competition is £10
• This allows you to submit up to 5 images, 5 poems or 2 short stories
• Closing date to receive Creative Works is 31 August 2009
• Please click here for Competition FAQs • For full details please visit www.aestheticamagazine.com/submission_guide.htm
The Aesthetica Creative Works Competition is internationally recognised for identifying new artists and writers and bringing them to international attention. Previous finalists have achieved success and recognition with accolades including: writing commissions from Channel 4, selection to represent Australia in the Florence Biennale, exhibitions at DACS (London), John Martin Gallery (London), Flores Fine Art Gallery (New York), inclusion in the International Drawing Competition exhibition (Poland) and the National Geographic International Photographic exhibition. The Aesthetica Creative Works Competition represents the scope of creative activity today, and provides an opportunity for both new and established artists to nurture their reputations on an international scale.
[Image credits: Carrie May, Shivashtie Poonwassie, Hannah Lobley, Sonia Oliveira - all work from finalists of the 2008 Aesthetica Creative Works Competition]