It’s just 10 days to go until the Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF) opens. The City of York is gearing up to present a celebration of short film and the genius filmmakers behind them. Including masterclasses, the four day festival is one of a kind within the UK and the Aesthetica team have chosen their highlights, see the top ten here.
1. See over 200 incredible short films from over 25 countries worldwide, across 15 inspiring and historic venues.
2. Celebrate Warp’s 10th anniversary with a special guest screening and masterclass from Head of Production, Barry Ryan (Masterclass, Friday 9 November, Theatre Royal; Screening – Saturday 10 November, Yorkshire Museum).
3. Meet the man who helped to create The King’s Speech, fresh from the filming of Les Misérables – Danny Cohen (Friday 9 November, Theatre Royal).
4. Experience cutting edge talent in our BAFTA shorts screening (Friday 9 November, Yorkshire Museum)
5. Chat with the stars of the future and network with industry leaders at “Meet The Filmmakers” (Saturday 10 November, St William’s College).
6. Discover the secrets of great screenwriting from BAFTA-winning writer, Matt Greenhalgh (Friday 9 November, York St John University).
7. Mingle with the great and the good of the film industry at our glamorous Opening Ceremony (Thursday 8 November, City Screen).
9. Uncover the exciting relationship between art and film with Tabitha Jackson, Commissioning Editor for Arts at Channel 4 (Friday 9 November, York St John University)
10. Relax and socialise at our official bar, 1331 – you never know who you might bump into!
Come to Heaven of Hearts by Linn Karen Foerland, courtesy of ASFF.